Working at Horizon: A great opportunity for growth and your career
Are you looking to start your career as a graduate land surveyor? Below we explore why working at Horizon would be a great opportunity for your career as well as your own personal growth. We look at who we are and where Horizon is going, what we can offer you, what we are looking for in potential candidates.
Who are we?
After branching off from a well-established surveying and engineering consultancy in Albany and with a recent rebranding, Horizon is looking to the future. With a well-established cliental you will be assured a great future. As a multi-disciplinary firm, you will gain all the experience you need to become a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor. This year we opened our second office location in Mangawhai Heads and now offer Architectural Design, Landscape Architecture and Town Planning in addition to our expertise in Surveying and Land Development.
Where is the company going?
Director Joe Fletcher has grown the company from 5 employees to 14 in four years with room to expand we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Our work in based primarily north of the bridge, Rodney and across the Kaipara region.
What about the lifestyle?
Based in Red Beach on the stunning Hibiscus Coast, we are perfectly located for you to enjoy both the city lifestyle and the winterless north, including all its wonderful beaches. You could be on a large construction site in the city one day and out in the countryside or near the beaches the next. We offer a flexible working environment with many of our employees enjoying the benefit of a hybrid work model. Located close to Orewa Estuary you could enjoy a lunch time run, swim or bike ride. Our Mangawhai Heads location is in the heart of community and just a five-minute walk from the Mangawhai Estuary.
What we offer?
- A flexible and inclusive working environment where diversity is valued and encouraged.
- Awesome colleagues and mentoring, we don’t just employee graduates we foster and enrich them, including exposure to develop your skillset and career.
- A competitive market salary.
- Assistance with relocation costs.
- A work life balance with access to one paid day for your graduation, as well as one paid of volunteering per year. Four weeks annual leave plus public holidays.
- We understand and offer flexibility with family and personal priorities.
- Financial support for professional memberships of industry institutions.
- A social workplace with regular events to celebrate employees personal and professional achievements.
What will I be doing?
Being a part of a small company will mean you will get hands on experience on a wide variety of projects. You will be given the opportunity to work on your own projects from start to finish. Gaining experience on all aspects of the job including client interaction. There are great opportunities for further learning and support with licensing, CPD and exposure to all aspects of land development and subdivision.
What about the team?
You will be part of a close knit, and vibrant team, who enjoy a good laugh. In addition to Joe, you will be working alongside our Licensed Survey Manager, our Senior Surveyor and two excellent surveyor technicians. They will be placed alongside you to assist you as you grow.
What are we looking for?
Our Graduate Surveyor role is for those completing the bachelor’s degree by the end of 2023 or have less than one years’ experience. We are looking for individuals who are a:
- Surveying Graduate with NZ-based qualification
- Maturity and the ability to work on projects with minimum supervision.
- Accurate field surveying skills across a range of projects
- Competence operating Trimble GNS and total station equipment
- Knowledge of 12D and Landonline software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and coverletter to email@example.com